williamgrant > Partner With Us


Collaborate with a team of like minded professionals

When you recommend williamgrant Financial Consultants you can be sure that your clients will receive quality service from like-minded professionals. We have a number of non-practising accountants (CA and CPA) on the team – so we’re on the same page when it comes to accountants referring clients. We’re centrally located in Subiaco and because we’re privately owned, our advice is free from the influence of any bank or financial institution.

We can tailor our services to your client personal needs and circumstances drawing from our specialist expertise in the following areas.

  • Superannuation and self-managed super funds (SMSFs)
  • Investment advice
  • Personal insurances
  • Retirement planning

Always in the Loop

When you refer a client to another business we understand that the outcomes also reflect on your business. As we take care of your client’s needs, we’ll keep you updated with progress and results.

Regulatory changes for accountants. Essential reading!

Currently, accountants that hold a Certificate of Public Practice can recommend the establishment or closure of a self managed super fund (SMSF). From 1st July 2016 they will be required to hold an Australian Financial Services License (AFSL) to be able to continue to do this.

Your options from 1st July 2016:

  1. Obtain a limited license – this will allow you to provide strategic, non-product/investment advice on superannuation, SMSF’s, securities and deposits. For example, you can recommend a client invest in shares but not which specific shares
  2. Obtain a full license – this will allow you to advise clients to provide strategic investment advice as well as product/ investment specific advice.
  3. Opt not to obtain either a limited or full license – sticking to your core business may well be the best option, particularly if you have a trusted partner with a full license to provide these services. You will certainly need to be careful about the advice you do give, as professional indemnity will not cover you should you inadvertently provide advice requiring a license.

You need to choose how to obtain the license you require:

  1. Obtain your own license directly from ASIC
  2. Become an Authorised Representative under someone else’s license

Carefully consider the pathway you choose as each will have differing cost and training implications.

Sticking to your core business

If you are considering going through the process of obtaining a license, you need to be well underway with training by now. Unless you operate in a large practice, cost will be prohibitive, not to mention the confusing nature of the legislation and the opportunity cost of the time invested in training and the administrative overhead.

Referring clients to williamgrant will ensure they get the specialist advice they need. We advise on Self Managed Super Funds day in, day out. It’s part of our core business.

There’s no complicated set-up process to become a partner of ours – we will started straight away. We can even provide you with tailored marketing material to promote our services to your clients.

Find out more by calling 08 6282 0170 or completing our online form,

Terms & Conditions & General Advice Warning

williamgrant Financial Consultants (ABN 73 856 002 122) is a Corporate Authorised Representative (425552) of WGFC Pty Ltd ABN 44 632 388 919, Australian Financial Services Licence 515748. 2/22 Railway Road, Subiaco WA 6008, phone 08 6282 0170.

WGFC Pty Ltd – Financial Services Guide | WGFC Pty Ltd – Privacy Policy

© Copyright 2020 williamgrant Financial Consultants - All Rights Reserved. Website Design by Business Uplift | Powered by Troppus IT & Management