Myth-busting superannuation & self-managed super funds
We want to show West Australians that Superannuation is much more than an untouchable investment fund with an affectionate nickname (Supa).
While often considered something that can be dealt with ‘later’, in reality, superannuation is the most tax-effective, longest-term investment plan available; enabling you to build wealth for your retirement.
The sooner the better
If you take a proactive approach to superannuation, the greater the benefits you will reap in the years to come. For many people, their employer’s Superannuation Guarantee Contribution may not be enough to provide the lifestyle they want in retirement.
To ensure that your financial goals for retirement become a reality, our financial consultants can analyse your superannuation to review and consider:
- your attitude to investment risk within your super. We can advise any alterations you could make to your superannuation investments.
- Contribution strategies you can use to maximise your contributions to superannuation.
- Your retirement expectations and how appropriate they are according to your retirement timeframe.
- Salary sacrificing as a viable option to bolster your superannuation.
- The suitability of a transition to a retirement superannuation strategy.
- Any insurance that you have within superannuation.
With this information at our disposal, we can help you develop a superannuation strategy to consolidate your financial future.
More and more Australians are choosing to operate their own superannuation arrangements with a self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF).
Benefits and responsibilities of managing your own Super Fund A SMSF provides you with more control over your funds, can be more tax- efficient and may be less expensive than traditional superannuation funds. However, SMSFs can mean more work and responsibility, as you are trustee of your own fund, meaning they are not everyone’s cup of tea.
We have considerable experience assisting clients with the set-up and ongoing maintenance of their SMSF, and also:
- Assist you in establishing a SMSF.
- Review your existing SMSF and provide advice on the structure and compliance of the fund.
- Develop and implement investment strategies for your SMSF, based on the degree of risk you are comfortable taking.
- Assist with ongoing compliance and legal requirements.
- Liase with your accountant to assist with the completion of the funds financial statements and tax return.
- Ensure the fund is set up correctly to take into account your Estate planning wishes.
You can chat to us about the pros and cons of establishing a SMSF.
To find out more about the pros and cons of establishing a SMSF, arrange an obligation-free consult with a williamgrant financial consultant today.